Smoke 2013: Act Now and Get 20% Off Through 1/25/2013
Purchase through Friday to get Smoke as low as $2796.00
By Clint Milby | January 24, 2013
Tuesday, we had the privilege of attending a demo of Smoke 2013 at the Autodesk offices in San Francisco. There, we were treated to a "meet and greet" with some life long Smoke users including Robert Bonstin of Industrial Light & Magic and Adam Berk and Javier León of post production boutique CT-SF.
Look for a future article to detail everything we learned. In the meantime, I want to pass some info along immediately due to its time sensitivity.
First, today Autodesk is debuting the trailer for an awesome new production entitled "Fix it In Post" which is about an editor who unknowingly affects the world of a guy just trying to get though his day. By the description and trailer, it reminds me of the Warner Bros. classic, "Duck Amuck"
"Fix it in Post" is produced by Autodesk and Jeremy Hunt who also produced what Wikipedia calls the first viral video "405". If you're not aware, "405" is a short about a passenger jet landing on the 405 freeway. The Autodesk team is incredibly enthusiastic about the production primarily because it was produced exclusively using Smoke and only Smoke -- not just effects and color grading mind you but editorial as well. Here is the trailer for it which is now online:
Secondly, There are some key changes to Smoke 2013 (which I'll write about in length in another post), but key among the changes I'd like to mention now is a price drop. Previously, Smoke has sold for approximately $15k. However, to make Smoke 2013 accessible to everyone, the price has dropped significantly, to $3495.00, and from what I've seen thus far, this price drop does not mean a feature drop. If anything they have added more value to Smoke, which now includes a totally redesigned user interface that those using other NLEs are going to love. It's a godsend, trust me on this one...
If you're already sold on Smoke 2013, then you have two days take advantage of 20% off of the full retail price bringing the price down to $2796.00 for the non subscription/electronic delivered version. The catch - this sale only lasts through this Friday, January 25, 2013.
For more information about Smoke 2013 go to the Autodesk website at autodesk.com.
Autodesk Smoke 2013 Specifications:
Autodesk® Smoke® professional video editing and effects software for Mac® is designed to meet the requirements of video editors who need to do more than just edit. By integrating a familiar timeline workflow and node-based composting, Smoke connects editing and effects like never before. Smoke video editing software for Mac includes finishing tools for 3D compositing, color correction, and motion graphics.
- Integrated editing and effects— Familiar track-based video editing environment combined with essential tools for color correction, motion graphics, and 3D visual effects.
- Node-based compositing – Move quickly from your timeline to the ConnectFX workflow to create complex effects.
- 3D visual effects—Go beyond standard layer-based compositing with true 3D compositing.
- Open workflows—Conform from Apple® Final Cut Pro® and Avid® Media Composer® video editing software.
- Flexible system requirements —Use Smoke on the latest Apple®MacBook® Pro and iMac® computers with support for video I/O and high-bandwidth storage.
For the latest system requirements visit www.autodesk.com/smoke-systemrequirements
For Autodesk Smoke 2013 pre-release trial software
- Apple® Mac OS® X version 10.6.6, 10.6.7, 10.7.2 or later, or 10.8.x
- 64-bit Intel® multicore processor
- Refer to the Recommended Hardware wizard for a detailed list of recommended systems and graphics cards
- 4GB of RAM (8GB or more recommended)
- 3 GB free disk space for download and installation
- Minimum 1,440 x 900 display (1,920 x 1,200 or higher recommended)
- U.S. keyboard (Required to properly map hotkeys)
- For playback performance, we recommend installing Smoke with a separate storage volume/partition for the Media Storage location (such as on an external Thunderbolt drive or array).
- Wacom® Intuos Tablet: Intuos2, Intuos3, Intuos4, and Intuos5 USB models are supported.
- AJA® KONA, KONA 3G, or IOxT Thunderbolt device for video I/O. Refer to the Smoke 2013 Release Notes for details on supported AJA drivers
Get articles like this in your inbox: Sign Up
freshdv - Sun, May 19 2013 - 5:24 pm
RT @jasondiamond: @OFFHOLLYWOOD yeah except that video says literally nothing except we're gonna make a cool gimball that will look great & a good price.
freshdv - Sun, May 19 2013 - 5:21 pm
RT @OFFHOLLYWOOD: Move over MOVI - here comes the DEFY 3-axis camera gimbal http://t.co/Yd4ZBUfNG4 #r3d