LumaForge LLC today announced the launch of 4kFLOW, a new platform that provides an incredibly fast, efficient and secure way to capture, process and deliver 4K digital content. 4kFLOW (Flexible, Lean and Open 4K workflow) will be demonstrated at the NAB Conference in Las Vegas on Monday April 6th at Booth #SL15113.
4kFLOW combines state-of-the art hardware from Apple and ExaSAN with the powerful functionality of Final Cut Pro X, DaVinci Resolve, Pro Tools, SMOKE, REDcine-X, Sync n Link, X2Pro and COPRA 4 to provide an end-to-end solution that makes 4k delivery simple and affordable. 4K monitoring is provided by Eizo and NVIDIA.
"Digital content creation is undergoing a rapid period of innovation and change. More content is being shot digitally and file-based workflows are becoming the norm," said Sam Mestman, Chief Workflow Architect at LumaForge. "We're really proud to bring an easy to use and cost-effective solution for handling 4K workflow to the market."
The platform handles real-time playback of HD, 2K and 5K digital camera files and is designed to easily deliver content of any size; from 4k or 2k theatrical all the way down to iPhone, iPad orApple TV. The system is also scalable and can increase the efficiency of collaboration between a large team of artists working from a multiuser SAN, or an independent film with team members working remotely from single user systems.
"It was imperative that we find the most robust and cost-effective 4K platform possible," said Neil Smith, CEO of LumaForge LLC. "4K digital acquisition and file-based workflows demand a ton of horsepower and resilience. Traditionally this has been supplied by expensive proprietary systems. However, by combining the power of the Mac and Final Cut Pro X with our other hardware and software, we are able to create a system that accomplishes the best result at a fraction of the price of our competitors."
Main features of 4kFLOW end-to-end solution:
- Extensive range of Macs for ease of integration
- Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5 and Compressor 4 for 4K, 2K and 1080 editing and finishing
- XSAN software for sharing data between workgroups
- The ExaSAN range of storage RAIDs and switches for storing and moving vast quantities of data quickly and securely around the network
- Blackmagic Design's DaVinci Resolve software for color correction and digital dailies
- Integrated VFX workflows with Autodesk SMOKE
- On set media management with ShotPut Pro
- RAW processing with REDcine-X
- Dailies creation and expedited syncing using Sync n Link, Dropbox and Vimeo
- Dailies review with COPRA 4 iPad system
- 4K monitoring from Eizo and NVIDIA
About LumaForge LLC
LumaForge, LLC. is a value added reseller and systems integrator based in Southern California. They install and maintain the 4kFLOW integrated shared storage, server and network platform for film and television productions that are seeking a fast, simple and cost effective approach to processing, storing and sharing digital files amongst workgroups.
To learn more the 4kFLOW end-to-end solution, visit www.lumaforge.com.