How to Edit Red Footage with Adobe Premiere Pro
"Accelerate your RED workflow with Premiere Pro" hour-long seminar recording and notes
By Matthew Jeppsen | March 23, 2012
RED Digital Cinema and Adobe teamed up recently to do a live online seminar and tutorial on the RED R3D workflow with Adobe Premiere Pro. The recording of that event is available free at the link below. This hour-long tutorial covers the following topics:
* Ted starts by introducing the Scarlet and the EPIC cameras, explains differences, shows a RED Rocket card and explains the performance improvements the card offers.
* Wes kicks off the Premiere Pro workflow and discusses and demonstrates the following topics:
* Media Browser, and how to browse and import tapeless media, including spanned R3D clips.
* Tips for setting up Premiere Pro and After Effects to best work with RED files.
* Realtime 5K RED footage in Adobe Production Premium CS5.5
* RED RAW workflow / Color Correction / grading workflows
* Proxies / Transcoding with Adobe Media Encoder
* AE Integration / Dynamic Link
* Wes also shows the basics of time-remapping in Premiere Pro or After Effects, and also discusses using Warp Stabilizer.
* Both Ted and Wes talk about hardware for optimum performance with Premiere Pro and After Effects.
You can watch the video stream here.
You can find more notes and links to specific topics and knowledgebase entries at Adobe's blog entry for this event.
Get articles like this in your inbox: Sign Up
freshdv - Tue, May 21 2013 - 7:10 pm
RT @THR: Wife of 'Nashville' Crewmember Questions 'Emotional Toll' of Industry Work http://t.co/NyLkT5NKQQ
freshdv - Tue, May 21 2013 - 6:56 pm
RT @VisualEdgeChris: Fascinating article. MT: “@abelcine: Wondering how much a #4K workflow might cost you? @julietverni breaks it down! http://t.co/azTQRQ4BE6”