Boris FX Announces Final Effects Complete 7 AE at IBC 2012
32-bit Float Support, Integration with Adobe After Effects Masks, New Transitions
By PVC News Staff | September 07, 2012
Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated VFX and workflow technology for video and film, today announced Final Effects Complete Complete 7 AE (FEC 7 AE). Featuring 3D particle effects, a complete range of auto-animating transitions, and unique text and edge treatments, Final Effects Complete AE brings over 120 designer effects and transitions to Macintosh and Windows versions of Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro CS6, CS5.5, CS5, and CS4. The new Version 7 release features 32-bit float support, integration with After Effects mask path controls, new Beat Reactor integration for Adobe Premiere Pro, and 10 new filters and transitions.
Final Effects Complete 7 AE New Feature Highlights
- 32-Bit Float Precision Color Rendering will be supported, offering even smoother blurs, transitions, and other effects while providing the highest quality final image.
- After Effects Mask Path Integration. FEC's Glue Gun, Mr. Mercury, Hair, Glass, and Ball Action filters will be able to follow After Effects mask paths, facilitating creation of "write-on"-style effects.
- Beat Reactor Technology will be available for Adobe Premiere Pro in addition to Adobe After Effects. Built into many FEC AE filters, Beat Reactor makes it easy to generate audio-driven effects.
- FEC Difference Blend is a new filter that replaces the pixels in the bottom layer of video with the corresponding pixels in the top layer of video, giving the appearance that the top image was painted over the bottom image.
- New Transitions include Difference Blend Wipe, Glow Dissolve, Spiral Blur Dissolve, Toner Dissolve, Threshold Dissolve, Threshold RGB Dissolve, Turbulence Dissolve, Vector Blur Dissolve, and Water Waves Dissolve.
Pricing and Availability
Final Effects Complete 7 AE will be available in Q4 2012 for a suggested retail price of $895 USD. Owners of previous versions of Final Effects Complete AE will be able to upgrade for a suggested retail price of $295 USD. A free 14-day trial version will be available from the Boris FX website at www.borisfx.com.
Final Effects Complete 7 AVX for Avid editing systems will follow the Final Effects Complete 7 AE release in Q4 2012. Featuring Beat Reactor for audio-driven effects creation and 10 new filters and transitions, Final Effects Complete 7 AVX will be available for a suggested retail price of $895 USD. Owners of previous versions of Final Effects Complete AVX will be able to upgrade for a suggested retail price of $295 USD.
Boris FX will demonstrate Final Effects Complete at the 2012 IBC Exhibition on stand 7.G44.
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is a leading developer of VFX, compositing, titling, and workflow tools for broadcast, post-production, and film professionals. Boris FX products have grown to serve over a million artists worldwide, with a customer base encompassing network and broadcast television clients such as ABC, BBC, CBS, Discovery, ESPN, and Turner, post-production facilities such as The Ant Farm, Digital Kitchen, and Troika Design Group, and educational and government institutions such as Video Symphony, Columbia College, the U.S. Army, and the U.S. Air Force. The company's success lies in its ability to tightly integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with industry-leading developers of video editing software and hardware including Adobe, Apple, Avid, Corel, Grass Valley, Nexidia, and Sony.
Get articles like this in your inbox: Sign Up