Oscar-winning Editor Hughes Winborne, ACE, Joins Expert Led Sessions at Post Production Master Class
Afternoon of Intensive Seminars Explores Trends, Technology and Business of Post
By PVC News Staff | October 26, 2012
On November 8, 2012, Createasphere will present its biannual Post Production Master Class (PPMC) series from 1:00 to 7:00 p.m. The Class presents a series of intensive sessions with influential industry leaders who offer real-world insights on the art and business of post. Oscar-winner Hughes Winborne, ACE joins a number of highly respected speakers during PPMC, which takes place concurrently with Createasphere's Entertainment Technology Expo (ETE), the signature event for creative and technical media production professionals.
The Post Production Master Class offers a stellar line-up of post professionals engaging attendees in the issues they face every day. Seminar topics and speakers include:
- From Set to Editorial: A Keynote Conversation - During this informative discussion with a leading editor, top assistant editor, sound designer, technologist-post supervisor, the dynamics between production and post are delineated and illuminated. Dan Lebental, ACE (Iron Man), and Tyler Nelson (Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) will be joined by Cory McCrum (Revelations Entertainment/ICaS) and Rick Ash (Post Haste Digital). The session will be moderated by producer Chris Russo.
- How Visual Effects Tools Are Changing Everything - Stephen Fleet from Encore, David Lebensfeld (Ingenuity Engine), Olcun Tan and Thomas Tannenberger (Gradient Effects), Michael J. Katz (The Ant Farm), and Scott Rader (SPY) discuss the state of visual effects and the tools that are making it possible to create with flexibility and meet budgets.
- Tech Spotlight - Join Active Storage, Harmonic, HP and Intel in a showcase of the latest tools taking the industry to new levels.
- The Evolving Post Production Career - Today, post begins on set. Hear what these successful professionals have to say about the outlook for the future: Larry Chernoff (MTI), Ramy Katrib (Digital Film Tree), Phil Linson (AFI), Sarah Priestnall (Codex), Josh Rizzo (Technicolor/Slate Media) and Tom Vice (nextLAB, FotoKem).
- Behind the Scenes in Award-Winning Storytelling: The Oscar Panel - Join Hughes Winborne, ACE as he discusses creating Oscar winning images. Winborne won an Oscar for editing Crash and recent acclaim for his work on The Help. His credits include the features Sling Blade, Seven Pounds, and The Pursuit of Happyness, along with the television movies Wild Iris and Walter and Henry, among others. He will present the insider's view of the business and art of being an editor.
The format of the Master Class provides attendees maximum benefit with small group sessions that give them direct access to post production professionals who are eager to share their knowledge and answer questions about this constantly-evolving craft.
The PPMC is supported by ACE, ASC, and the Hollywood Post Alliance. Registration is only $45. To register, visit http://createasphere.com/PPMC
For more information on the Entertainment Technology Expo, the DPW Lab, and Gear Alley, visit http://createasphere.com/En/entertainment-technology-expo-burbank-2012.html And m.ark your calendars for next year's edition of Createasphere's Entertainment Technology Expo on November 6 and 7, 2013.
Createasphere is the premier business development partner for technology enabled entertainment, marketing, and communications organizations. We advance careers and technologies by connecting world-class professionals globally online and in person.
Createasphere was founded in 2001, and over the past decade has grown into a global company that in 2011 produced seventeen events over three continents as well as five websites. Createasphere became part of Diversified Business Communications in 2008, and now drives their entertainment, media, technology strategies and properties division. Currently, Createasphere produces the Entertainment Technology Expos in Los Angeles; the Digital Asset Management Conference in New York, Los Angeles, and Europe; The DAMMY Awards in New York; the Executive Marketplaces for Houses of Worship in Los Angeles and Chicago; Post Production Master Classes in New York and Los Angeles, the Digital Process Workflow Lab and the online news and content portals ProVideoCoalition.com, DamCoalition.com and ProPhotoCoalition.com.
Connect with Createasphere on:
Get articles like this in your inbox: Sign Up