Redrock Micro Delivers Another First: The New ultraCage | blue for Canon EOS C100
First Support Cage for C100 Builds on Canon/ Redrock EOS Cinema Heritage
By PVC News Staff | September 13, 2012
Redrock Micro, the recognized leader in affordable professional-level cinema accessories, announced today the new ultraCage | blue for the Canon EOS C100. Built in partnership with Canon for the premiere at IBC 2012, the ultraCage C100's form-fitting design matches the ergonomics and size of the C100, adds needed support and mounting features and minimizes bulk and weight.
Canon and Redrock Do It Again
When the revolutionary EOS C300 was introduced in November 2011, Canon selected Redrock as the exclusive rig provider for the launch including featured films from Vincent Laforet DGA, Sam Nicholson ASC, Richard Crudo ASC and Felix Alcala/Larry Carroll.
Building on this success and Redrock's recognized heritage of innovation and design, Canon has again tapped Redrock to deliver a support cage uniquely created for the C100 for the camera's worldwide preview at IBC 2012.
"Recognizing the integral role of support equipment and Redrock for the C300 launch, Canon approached us to create a support system that would match the form, style and pricing level of the EOS C100," said James Hurd, Chief Revolutionary of Redrock Micro. "We felt it was important to mirror the C100's beautiful design without increasing the camera's footprint. The ultraCage C100 retains the camera's feel and ergonomics, and adds the support, stability and features customers want for this phenomenal camera. Redrock's revolutionary prices are also a great match to the C100's new entry level price for Canon EOS Cinema."
The Redrock ultraCage | blue: The Essential Accessory for the Canon EOS C100
The ultraCage C100 delivers the features needed and the options wanted by filmmakers in a camera support and rig system.
Key features and benefits include:
- 360 degrees of protection and mounting points - The ultraCage C100 mirrors the sleek, compact design of the Canon C100 and closely wraps the camera to maintain its beautiful natural form factor while providing 360 degree camera casing for maximum security and support with minimal bulk and size.
- Complete camera access-The ultraCage C100 is designed to ensure all buttons, functions and doors on the camera are completely accessible. The C100's removable handgrip can be attached and used or detached-all without removing the ultraCage.
- Unparalleled flexibility - The ultraCage C100 delivers mounting points on all four sides as well as at top and bottom to place camera-top accessories wherever desired. Top and bottom rails deliver flexibility for placing accessories such as a follow focus and mattebox.,/li>
- Powered Cage- the optional powerPack attaches to the cage and delivers centralized power for the C100 and all camera-top accessories including monitors, external recorders and focus units.
- Affordability - Redrock continues to offer professional-level cinema accessories at revolutionary prices so that anyone can afford to own great gear and get more value for their money.
The Right Rig For You
In addition to the standalone cage, the ultraCage C100 is offered as part of four ergonomic, complete rigs. Jump right into production or use them as a starting point to create the perfect rig:
- ultraEvent - a balanced, compact handheld rig.
- ultra Field Cinema Bundle - a comfortable shouldermount rig for all-day shooting.
- ultraEyeSpy - a shouldermount rig centering camera for monitoring via the rear monitor or built-in viewfinder.
- ultraCage Studio Bundle - the ultimate rig for shooting on tripods, dollies, jibs and cranes.
Alternatively, pros and enthusiasts alike can build their dream rig from the ground up w/Redrock's huge arsenal of pro-level cinema accessories that solve common problems and speed production, including:
- Rear chassis - cage extension delivers more rail space and mounting points for all camera-top accessories.
- backPack - rear mounting plate for attaching an external battery, recorder or other large accessories while keeping the rig balanced.
- microMatteBox - full-sized cinema-style mattebox for light management and filtration.
- microFollowFocus - a brilliant performer for precise and repeatable focus control.
- microRemote - remote focus control with both wireless and fingerwheel operator controls. Fits all lenses and cameras.
Works With Existing Redrock Gear and New Redrock ultra Seriesâ¢
With the new ultraCage, the C100 is compatible with the ultra Series-Redrock's professional-grade rig components and accessories-and can share accessories and parts with other cameras compatible w/the ultra Series, including the Canon C300 and DSLRs.
The ultra Series maintains industry standards for maximum compatibility with third-party accessories, allowing gear migration from one camera to another to completely maximize return on investment.
For More Information
Additional details on the ultraCage C100 can be found on the ultraCage page: http://store.redrockmicro.com/canon-cinema-eos
Pricing and Availability
Pricing for the ultraCage | blue C100 starts at $550 and is available now for pre-order (shipping end of October 2012). As with all Redrock products, customers can purchase direct from Redrock Micro's website at store.redrockmicro.com, or from any of Redrock's worldwide authorized resellers.
About Redrock Micro
Redrock Micro revolutionized independent film production in the early 2000s with the M2 cinema lens adapter, and reinvented digital filmmaking in 2008 with HDSLR cinema rigs and accessories. Today, Redrock Micro continues to lead the industry in innovation with its award-winning digital cinema rigs and accessories, DSLR rigs, depth-of-field adapters, stabilization and support gear, sophisticated focus controllers, and advanced cinema accessories. More information is available at redrockmicro.com.
Get articles like this in your inbox: Sign Up
freshdv - Sun, May 19 2013 - 8:42 am
RT @wingrove: Theyre starting to listen @5tu Samsung mirrorless cameras FW now available as open source.. http://t.co/DfDBljn5d0 http://t.co/SlUSFNtaaG
freshdv - Sun, May 19 2013 - 8:37 am
RT @DSLRinformer: Anyone playing around with 5D raw video should really follow @David_Newman - the Cineform workflow simplifies things massively