NewTek™ today unveiled 3Play 4800, a multi-camera replay server that redefines price-performance standards in live sports production. The new system, which offers more real-time capabilities than any other multi-camera replay server, gives sports producers unprecedented access to redundant capture, sophisticated visual effects, live replay switching, high quality slow motion, and social media publishing—all within a single, turnkey system. 3Play 4800 is available immediately at the breakthrough price point of $39,995 USD.
“Replay is no longer optional in sports production. Unfortunately, the high cost and limited functionality of today’s popular replay servers makes it a challenge for any sports organization to effectively manage infrastructure costs as technology advances,” said Dr. Andrew Cross, Chief Technology Officer at NewTek. “We’ve set a new standard with 3Play 4800 by putting more real-time capabilities directly in the hands of replay operators, while at the same time, significantly lowering capital costs for any sports organization. With 3Play 4800, producers can now deliver the electrifying highlights that drive greater fan loyalty—and have a direct impact on the revenue and profitability of their business.”
3Play 4800: A Breakthrough in Live Sports Production
Today’s leading sports venues, leagues, and teams recognize that their success is directly linked to building, maintaining and growing a fan base—and that fan loyalty increases when the game experience they provide keeps viewers on the edge of their seats, wanting more. But the high cost of common replay server technology has prevented most stadiums, colleges, teams and leagues from gaining access to the tools they need to stay competitive. 3Play 4800 shatters the barrier to entry for replay servers, enabling sports producers in any market to add professional instant replays, dramatic slow motion, and social media publishing to their games for a fraction of the cost.
3Play 4800 goes significantly beyond traditional live replay and provides out of the box integration with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and more. This solution allows operators to instantly deliver media into their existing dialog with fans, which no other system allows.
"The overall performance, feature set and cost of 3Play 4800 quickly proved to be a game changer for me. It easily fits within our production infrastructure and the intuitive replay workflow keeps things going smoothly and quickly," said John Powell with NPi Audio Visual Solutions, who has been involved in the development and testing of the system. “We work with both local and national organizations, so we have to constantly provide top-line performance at every level, and we are always striving to enhance the fan experience. 3Play 4800 does all of that and more. It truly makes my job easier.”
Unique Toolset of 3Play 4800
Unlike any other replay server on the market, 3Play 4800 offers more real-time capabilities in a single turnkey system, placing an unprecedented toolset at the fingertips of every replay operator. Top features of the system include:
- Redundant Capture—Redundant capture of up to 4 live video sources doubles up ISO recordings and protects all media assets. Users can also choose to simultaneously record all 8 inputs as separate camera feeds to add more angles as needed.
- High-end Visuals—Live animated, 3D-warped visual transition effects for switching and in-program editing, with custom animation creator and import of your own branded graphic elements.
- Live Replay Switching—Monitor all angles during replay, and transition between them video-switcher style—providing a completely finished replay segment within moments, animated transitions and all, to output to switcher, feed the video board, or upload to the Web.
- High Quality Slow Motion—Get clear, crisp slow motion playback with both standard HD or SD cameras, achieved with a super-resolution algorithm for sharper slow motion and dramatic stills alike.
- Social Media Publishing—Easily distribute content to multiple social media sites in one pass—even during live production, for a unified, immediate brand presence.
Pricing and Availability
3Play 4800 is available immediately for a retail price of $39,995 USD. International pricing may vary. For more information, please visit www.newtek.com, or call NewTek Sales at 800-368-5441. International callers dial +1-210-370-8000.
NewTek is transforming the way people create network-style television content and share it with the world. From sporting events, Web-based talk shows, live entertainment, classrooms, and corporate communications—to virtually any venue where people want to capture and publish live video, we give our customers the power to grow their audiences, brands and businesses, faster than ever before.
Clients include: “The X Factor,” ESPN X Games, New York Giants, NBA Development League, Fox News, BBC, NHL, Nickelodeon, CBS Radio, ESPN Radio, Fox Sports, MTV, TWiT.TV, USA TODAY, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
NewTek is privately owned and based in San Antonio, Texas. For more information on NewTek please visit:www.newtek.com, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr or connect with us on Facebook.
- NewTek and TriCaster are trademarks of NewTek.
- All other products or brand names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.