LED and Casino light text effects in After Effects
A collection of a few resources
By Rich Young | November 29, 2011
In a new tutorial, Daniel Moreno shows you how to Create A Glittering Cabaret Light Display with Las Vegas bulb lights and make them shine in different patterns with Trapcode Starglow and Particular.
- Create a Light Wall: tutorial & preset and Scrolling LED Text (pictured) by Quba Michalski
- Creating an LED sign in After Effects by Shortformvideo
- Creating Automated Flashing Light Patterns from RGTV
- 3D Ball Dispersion with CC Ball Action from Andrew Kramer
- Jumbotron in After Effects by Motionworks, Rabinowitz, and Maltaannon
- The Dot Pixels plug-in from Satya Meka at AE Scripts is useful to create LED screen effect, a porous surface effect, or abstract art. He later added TVPixel, a plug-in for After Effects and Premiere Pro, for a similar effect.
- LCD + video game looks discusses the LCDeffect script at AE Scripts by Tatsuro Ogata.
- Optical Flares comes with an advanced tutorial that builds a light wall
- Switch On This Casino Style Text Effect Tonight uses Video Copilot Optical Flares on a ton of layers and CC Particle World to create a distinctive look (preview below).
See also Bullet Riddled Text from CG Swot which uses Particular to create something not so different.
Get articles like this in your inbox: Sign Up
freshdv - Fri, May 24 2013 - 2:23 pm
RT @natums: If you are considering going to #CineGear, get your pass today. It’s the final day it’s free! http://t.co/nts0BYEFxw Also, #cinebeer anyone?
freshdv - Fri, May 24 2013 - 2:00 pm
RT @wingrove: Maschwitz law: 'IT’S NO LONGER OK FOR CAMERAS NOT TO GIVE US EVERYTHING THEY’VE GOT' @prolost http://t.co/SlUSFNtaaG