Sky Replacement with After Effects
A mini-roundup of tutorials
By Rich Young | June 19, 2011
There are of course several approaches to doing sky replacements in After Effects. Here's a few explained in tutorials by Kert Gartner, Casey with Rampant Design Tools, Mohamed Hafeez, Andrew Kramer (pictured), Carl Larsen, Mark Christiansen, and Nick Campbell.
See also How to do a Sky Replacement with Adobe After Effects CS5, by Vfx Haiku, which looks at:
"how to do a complex sky replacement with Adobe After Effects CS5. We take a look at a variety of tools, including Tracking, Displacement maps, exposure, Refine Matte, Edge Blur, Colour Correction with Curves, and applying a vignette."
Additional tutorials for sky replacement include these:
- RampanTV discusses Quick Sky Replacement using Mocha for After Effects
- Better Balcony Backdrops on compositing and sky replacement by Mohamed Hafeez
- Advanced Sky Replacement by Andrew Kramer (plus an older one)
- Horizon replacement using Mocha for After Effects v2 by Carl Larsen
- After Effects Visual Effects and Compositing Studio Techniques by Mark Christiansen (excerpt)
- Simple Sky Replacement in Photoshop by Nick Campbell, below.
- Josh Weiss posted Premiere Pro CS6 - Sky Replacement using Warp Stabilizer, Three Way Color Corrector, Adjustment Layers & More
- BakersTuts posted After Effects Tutorial: Sky Replacement.
Get articles like this in your inbox: Sign Up